In my previous post, i described about rooting and what are it’s benefits. Now i will tell you how to root your smartphone.
Many of us might be knowing this but still for those who doesn’t know how to root, read through this post and even you can root your smartphone.
Rooting method differs from handset to handset, single tool may not be capable of rooting all handsets.
But still i will cover for few handsets and don’t worry if your handset is not one of those.
Write to me which model’s guide you need and I will provide you the same or even you can surf through the XDA Forums and find your handset’s rooting method.
You will require your USB cable, a Windows PC with your phone’s drivers installed and USB debugging mode enabled.
To enable USB debugging mode, go to system settings > About phone > Tap continuously on Build number and a message will be displayed. Now go back to system settings > Developer Options > Check the USB debugging option.
Samsung devices or few popular nexus devices can be rooted easily with ‘CF-Auto-Root’ tool. Check out the list of devices which can be rooted through this tool.
- Power off your phone
- Press Power + Home + Volume Down buttons together to boot into download mode (Note: Press volume up button when phone displays a warning message)
- Run Odin on your PC
- Connect your phone with USB cable to PC
- Now you should see blue color in odin at first bar
- Check Auto reboot & F.Reset option in odin
- Click on the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root file (.tar.md5 File)
- Click on Start button and sit back for few minutes till odin shows a Pass message in green.
Congrats!! you have successfully rooted your Galaxy SIII – I9300 🙂